When it comes to plumbing, many homeowners know a thing or two about how to make some repairs themselves. For every needed upgrade or repair, there are at least a hundred YouTube how-to-videos or Pinterest tutorials, and while the feeling of accomplishment you get from doing something yourself is satisfying, there are some things that are best handled by trained and experienced professionals. Here’s a quick guide to plumbing situations you can handle yourself, and plumbing situations where it’s best to call in Affordable Service Plumbing and Heating.
Do it Yourself:
- Clogged toilet. Most of the time a clogged toilet can be fixed without the help of a plumber.
- Installing a new faucet or showerhead – Installing a new faucet or showerhead isn’t that tough at all! This article at The Family Handyman explains how!
- Clogged sink. A clogged sink is inconvenient, but it’s fairly simple to fix! Read our tutorial on what to do when this happens to you!
- Leaky faucet. This in-depth how-to article makes fixing a leaky faucet simple!
Call Affordable Service:
- Broken pipes. Broken pipes can cause a lot of damage if not handled properly and within a reasonable amount of time. Limit the damage by shutting off your water and calling Affordable Service right away.
- Installing a water heater. Installing a new water heater is a tedious process that requires skill and experience. The professionals at Affordable Service know exactly which supply lines to use and how to ensure proper drainage. Read our blog to find out if it’s time to replace your water heater.
- Renovations. If you’re renovating your home, this will usually require a permit and knowledge of the city codes in your area.
If you encounter plumbing problems in your home and feel comfortable with fixing them yourself, make sure you have the proper tools. If you do not feel comfortable with a DIY approach, Affordable Service Plumbing and Heating handles any plumbing problem, no matter how large or small. We are here for you 24/7!