The cold temperatures in New Mexico are here to stay. With energy prices increasing, your heating bill may be higher than expected. The team at Affordable Service is here to help you reduce the cost of your bill with a few helpful tips.
- Take advantage of your curtains- On days when the sun is going to be out and provide a little warmth, open your curtains to allow heat from the sun to heat your home. When the sun is no longer in the window, make sure to close your curtains again.
- Leave the oven open after baking- Every time you use your oven for cooking, leave it open after you are done baking. This is a great way to allow the hot air to leave the oven and heat the surrounding area. Remember never to use the oven as a primary heat source, as this could be hazardous to you and your family.
- Dress Warm- It is common knowledge to dress warm when you go outside in the cold, but why can’t that principle also be applied to the inside? Wear warm clothes and socks to insulate your body. You can always add or remove layers to stay comfortable. You can always get cozy under a blanket as well.
- Add Insulation- If your home has a pitched roof, adding insulation could help preserve the heat within your home. Insulation will help trap the heat inside your home and keep you warm without constantly running the heater.
- Install a smart thermostat- Smart thermostats are an excellent option for many households. You can program a smart thermostat only to heat your home during certain times of the day. This will allow you to run the heat only when you know your family will be home, thus avoiding a hefty utility bill.
As you can see, there are many ways to stay warm this winter without breaking the bank. At Affordable Service in Rio Rancho, we aim to help you save! Whether you are looking to install a new HVAC system or a smart thermostat, we are up for the task. Reach out to us today for more information.