Owning a home means learning all the responsibilities that come with it. Specifically, when it comes to plumbing, there are a lot of things that can go wrong. The experts at Affordable Service in Rio Rancho are here to educate you on the most common plumbing emergencies.
- Leaky Fixtures: If your leaky faucet doesn’t stop dripping, don’t just let it drip. Unmaintained leaky fixtures can eventually cause damage to the home, such as mold growth and water damage. They also increase your water bill!
- Clogged Toilet: A clogged toilet is one of the most common plumbing issues homeowners face. If the issue can’t be resolved with a plunger, bringing in professionals may be a good idea.
- Clogged Sink or Shower Drain: A slow-draining sink is not always an emergency. This can be due to food blockage, etc. However, if the clog is severe and is causing standing water, it may be time to call a plumber. Shower drains, and bathtubs can clog easily due to hair and other debris. Invest in a hair catcher to mitigate the risk of having a blocked drain. If the clog worsens and at-home methods don’t work, reach out to the Affordable Service team.
- Frozen Pipes: In New Mexico, the pipes can freeze when temperatures drop. If a frozen pipe bursts, it can cause serious damage to your home. Call a professional plumber immediately if a pipe has burst. Some common signs of burst pipes include water that doesn’t look as it should, puddles forming under sinks, noises from the lines, unreliable water pressure, and increased utility costs.
- Sewage Backups: If sewage backs up, usually into your shower or toilets, it’s a sign of a blockage. There are multiple health risks associated with sewage backups, so to protect your health and your family’s health, you must call an emergency plumber at Affordable Service, serving Rio Rancho and the Albuquerque area. Some common signs of a sewage backup to look out for are odor emanating from the drains and water fixtures, slow-draining sinks and tubs, a gurgling toilet, and water backing up out of fixtures.
No matter the plumbing issue, if you are unsure how to handle it, call the experts at Affordable Service! Our team is well-equipped to handle any situation. We are available 24/7 in case of emergency plumbing needs as well. Reach out to us anytime!