<>Having a fireplace within your home can help to make it cozy and inviting. You may enjoy spending time near your fireplace relaxing and engaging in various activities, such as reading a nice book. These are great activities, especially during our recent snow storms in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. However, a fireplace may have a negative impact on the overall air quality within your home.
<>Fireplaces can release harmful pollutants into the air, such as carbon monoxide or nitrogen dioxide. Carbon monoxide can cause many side effects including headaches, dizziness, blurry vision, difficulty breathing, nausea, etc. Carbon monoxide poisoning can also be fatal. Nitrogen dioxide can cause respiratory issues, which can lead to coughing, colds, influenza, and bronchitis. Lastly, the particulates released can irritate the lungs and cause serious damage as well as other issues. <>If you do decide to use a fireplace, it is important that you ensure it is properly vented. Many people often overlook the importance of the air quality within their homes. However, this can be dangerous and lead to many health issues. It is often better to use alternative sources of heat that don’t have so much of a negative impact on the air that you and your family are breathing. <>Overall, the heating source you decide to utilize in your home can make a large impact on your health in the long run. If you are interested in learning more about heating, cooling, and air quality, contact Affordable Service Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. We can provide you with more information, so you are able to make a well-informed decision and can provide you with affordable service. Call us today at 505-891-8907.