Our customers are always looking for ways to keep cool at an energy-efficient price. Affordable Service Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electric value how hard you work for your money, and we know you don’t want to spend more than you have to just to be comfortable during the summer months. Our HVAC technicians have a few tips to get you through to fall without breaking the bank!
- Fans: utilize those fans you have sitting around. You can easily position them in the rooms you spend most of your time in. This will create airflow and it won’t feel as warm.
- Optimized Thermostat: when you set your thermostat to 78° during the summer, the Department of Energy says that at that temperature it could save you up to 10% on your energy bill! If you don’t already have one, Affordable Service has programmable thermostats that are easy to use and you can set it and forget it.
- Upgrade Your HVAC System: the best way to cut down on energy costs in the future is to upgrade your current system. Customers who have upgraded and utilized our financing options have stated that their energy costs have gone down year after year because their system is working more efficiently!
- Keep the Blinds Closed: windows are often the biggest factor when it comes to losing your cool air. You don’t want the sun to heat up the room you worked so hard to cool. Close all blinds and shut all the curtains to keep your rooms from losing that cool air.
- Seal Your Windows: our New Mexico sun has a tendency to dry things out, and this is especially true for the seals around the exterior and interior on the windows of our home. It won’t take too long to reseal them, and it will be worth it!
Our Affordable Service HVAC technicians have been doing this a long time, these are tips they use at home as well! If you have questions about our programmable thermostats or how to upgrade your current HVAC system, one of our technicians would love to talk to you. Give us a call today to set up a free consultation.